Electronic Music Performance
San Fedele Prize 2016 targeted for the first time in musicians / performers of the various fields of electronic music (from sound designers to soundscape, from DJs to audiovisual artists, from formations of Laptop Music to Communities of Live Coding or Network Music).
Through the Prize, the Cultural Foundation San Fedele in Milan intends to promote the production of new musical quality live performances, in various areas of electronic music (also with audiovisual interaction) in a half-year path from April to September 2016 to enable participants to gain musical, human, thoughtful and professional experience that will lead them to present the final work in the fall of 2016 in the context of the new festival of electronic music in the Auditorium San Fedele with Acusmonium Sator.
Participation in the San Fedele Prize is free.
For more details download the complete Announcement.
Registration modality by email
The prize is open to young italian and international composer/performers residents in Europe born after the first of jounary 1981.The musicians must send by email before March 15, 2016 to: email@example.com:
• the application form, duly completed and signed, in pdf format;
• Audio File and / or audio-video filming or records of its significant production, the sending can be made by WeTransfer or Dropbox;
• a maximum of one page curriculum vitae;
• a catalog of the projects;
• a copy of valid identity papers (pdf or jpg).
Implementation of the competition and regulations
The selected candidates will participate in two residential meetings in Milan. The sessions are mandatory to participate in the Prize.
- From 15 to 17 April 2016: Under the supervision of a visiting-professor, study and analysis of the topic of the Prize, presentation of candidates compositions and / or recent live performance, start of musical projects.
- In a date of 2016 to be defined: a one-day meeting to assess the evolution of the musical project of each candidate in the presence of a visiting-professor.
The final Prize consists in the production of selected projects in the field of electronic music festival of San Fedele Music and the production of a DVD for the work of the winner and the second and third qualified. The whole initiative is entirely non-profit organization.
The Prize is also committed to promoting the works of the finalists at Radio, festivals and Italian musical associations and international.
N.B. Participation in the two phases is mandatory. The organization, in each case, will help authors/performers who live away from Milan, for travel and accommodation.
In case of cancellation of a musician/group, the Responsible shall be entitled to replace him in its discretion.
Con il sostegno di Fondazione Cariplo
infomazioni: tel 02 86352426 – firstname.lastname@example.org